WIP: Boba87Fett's The Empire Strikes Back Boba Fett Build (Photo Heavy)

boba87fett

Admin
Staff member
Alright... so much to update. I need to be as good about updating this thread as I am my Instagram lol...

Sold my FPH2 helmet painted by SuperJedi. I have been working on modifying a lineage helmet back to ESB screen damage only and will be painting it up myself.

In November and December, I was working on my Field Marshal replica Webley. I carved out the missing chunk of the top of the stock using a knife and then stained it with Minwax Dark Walnut. I think I ended up doing 2 coats.

IMG_0270.jpeg

IMG_0266.jpeg

IMG_0277.jpeg

IMG_0288.jpeg

IMG_0301.jpeg

IMG_0306.jpeg

IMG_0314.jpeg

IMG_0313.jpeg

Also made two leather slings using leather I ordered from Amazon.

IMG_0265.jpeg

IMG_0441.jpeg

IMG_0444.jpeg

Andy @intwenothor was awesome and mailed me a scope to use:

IMG_1454.jpeg

IMG_1455.jpeg

IMG_1456.jpeg
 
Last edited:

boba87fett

Admin
Staff member
Received the Elstree Precision Co Ltd continuation run left gauntlet lasers I ordered. Here is the one to be used on my ESB costume - one of the prototypes from John. He also sent along some found and replica parts for my helmet electronics build. This included four rare Mulbrod clips for the interior wiring (each helmet uses 2).

IMG_1867.jpeg

IMG_1868.jpeg

IMG_1889.jpeg

IMG_2886.jpeg

I taped up the laser and painted it using self etching, acid primer in black. Wear a mask and gloves with this stuff. You should do it outside too. It was cold and rainy so I had to do it in my garage with some ventilation. The texture ended up weird and I had some peel with the paint. I've since used this self etching primer to fix the back of the laser and to prime my Webley - it's great stuff when used on a warm spring day.

IMG_2959.jpeg

IMG_2962.jpeg

IMG_2984.jpeg

IMG_2986.jpeg

IMG_2991.jpeg

IMG_3038.jpeg

IMG_3041.jpeg

Stock with first layer of clear stain seal on it.

IMG_3754.jpeg

IMG_3756.jpeg

IMG_3762.jpeg
 

boba87fett

Admin
Staff member
Got around to working more on my left shoulder armor and painting up another right shoulder. Added the white paint transfer and scratches.

IMG_4430.jpeg

IMG_4444.jpeg

IMG_4491.jpeg

IMG_4514.jpg

Then worked on that right shoulder. The one that is painted is one of the lineage shoulders from MinuteFett. The one I am painting here is a FettPride from WastedFett. The armor I plan to use for now is the WF FP.

IMG_4577.jpeg

IMG_4579.jpeg

IMG_4581.jpeg

IMG_4591.jpeg

IMG_4620.jpeg

IMG_4636.jpeg

IMG_4637.jpeg

IMG_4638.jpeg

IMG_4650.jpeg

IMG_4652.jpeg

IMG_4653.jpeg

IMG_4654 2.jpeg
 

boba87fett

Admin
Staff member
Got some stuff in from Darth Vorhees to work on setting my jetpack up to have working lights and smoke from the thrusters. You can follow my build for the jetpack with thruster kit here.

IMG_6643.jpeg

IMG_6662.jpeg

Finally got around to painting the center diamond and adding the silver rectangle.

IMG_8419.jpeg

IMG_8421.jpeg

79020FBA-5859-4A05-93FB-5AE626C0B8CB.jpeg

Also decided to start doing some topical touch up to the armor I painted almost a year ago. Everything else was layered. Still need to add steel wool some areas and add more weathering. It kills me to see the inaccuracies now, but for the time being I am moving forward. Can always circle back and update components.

IMG_8430.jpeg

Painted the jetpack door:

IMG_8460.jpeg

And got rid of the extra scratches I had added on the bottom of my jetpack by covering them up with green base coat. Will weather it to blend.

IMG_8431.jpeg

Second layer of clear wood seal on the stock:

IMG_8432.jpeg

And painted the back of my Elstree laser - the acid self etching primer turned out great in sunny northern California on a spring day.

IMG_8433.jpeg
 
Last edited:

boba87fett

Admin
Staff member
Decided to work on the Webley replica. Used a red scotch pad to rub down all the aluminum until it was smooth. Then cleaned it with rubbing alcohol and coated it with self-etching acid primer in black.

90ACC0B2-3174-4CA4-9558-E6850E02F06F.jpeg

168757BD-4F5C-455D-B294-1F35C112EFAE.jpeg

AB56EE69-335D-40B5-90E8-9318544BCC93.jpeg

A494F961-6705-4E7A-A2EF-6814F76847E0.jpeg
 

boba87fett

Admin
Staff member
Nice. What are you going to use to paint the webley?
So far it was the self-etching primer and then acrylic Vallejos for the black with dark blue. I then clear coated the metal pieces with a satin finish (don’t have pics of that yet) and will then assemble and weather it a bit.
 

intwenothor

Moderator
Staff member
Nice. Sounds good. I think Floquil did a paint called gun metal, which I think I have, but I've never used it. Obviously they wouldn't have used that as they had a real webley.
Not sure if that was period or a later colour.
 

boba87fett

Admin
Staff member
Worked on my jetpack more the past few days. Painted the cylinder area under the rocket cone. Also added the red to the thrusters and the yellow to the cones up top.

A679A773-81CC-4816-8EF8-E4DD9DAA470F.jpeg

4DB7C121-9271-40A7-A0BF-CB40B52902A2.jpeg
D3DB7264-A0A0-4C54-8380-DD350965C95F.jpeg
FB671A32-AB20-4FF9-85B0-4A056D3B8039.jpeg

8F81C82D-A603-46E8-ADCD-9FFEAA2B9862.jpeg


Then decided that I wanted to redo the silver damage to look more accurate.

24DC77B3-BEA3-4C6F-B946-6FF6013BBD93.jpeg

565DBD53-6A24-4B4B-AA4B-B1B2DD58F77D.jpeg

BC577179-7F4B-43FA-BAB6-A48902A635A7.jpeg

2682C44F-5518-41CC-BC45-9B515F32A5EF.jpeg

And here is a side by side of the progress so far:

4DAA6FAD-3C42-4766-AE07-A0E84CFDFE43.jpeg
 
Top