SPOILERS The Book of Boba Fett Discussion (Premieres 12/29)

B0BA FETT

Concept
Black Krrsantan is physically bigger than Chewbacca. Krrsantan is centuries old, a former gladiator and supposedly a skilled bounty hunter.

Chewie ripped arms out of sockets, but Krrsantan just throws Boba around a bit and then gives him a hug.

Why didn’t Krrsantan have the big gun we first see him with and just shoot Boba whilst he was incapacitated? It’s all just too boring and contrived.
To be fair to Bk, Boba is a lot heavier now, and it must have been off putting seeing him in his pants.

JoeVader

Concept
Ok, now my red flags are aaaaall out.
Why are they turning Boba into a good guy? And why does every secondary character get to do and say the cool stuff that Boba should??

I'm now more interested in seeing Shand, than Softie Fett.
I hope this series gets better in the final act.

B0BA FETT

Concept
Ok, now my red flags are aaaaall out.
Why are they turning Boba into a good guy? And why does every secondary character get to do and say the cool stuff that Boba should??

I'm now more interested in seeing Shand, than Softie Fett.
I hope this series gets better in the final act.

Its always good to pop back and re-read the thread. I think we knew it was going to be disappointing!

I am just shocked at how disappointing!

I will continue to watch and hope this whole thing is a flashback of a flashback nightmare, and it really gives us the Real Boba Fett and how he really got out the Sarlacc and goes doing what he does best.

miggs fett

Supertrooper
OVERALL GARBAGE! not surprised tho, as stated in a IG post i posted awhile back....Fett died in the Sarlacc, what we have now is a reboot and basically new character, and it started in AOTC, I was never a fan of that clone backstory to begin with.....and now we have a Fett for kids.....*PUKES*

RamSkirata

Concept
Whether Disney Fett is believable or fun to watch has nothing to do with AotC Fett. The old Expanded Universe had a perfectly believable and fun to "watch" Fett retconned into the AotC origin story and it made sense... Jodo Kast, Fenn Shysha, his exploits after AotC, his original escape from the Sarrlacc (Dengar picked him up), him fighting in the Yuuzhan Vong wars, his becoming Mandalore,... it made all (mostly) sense and fitted his new origin story, too. Its all gone with DIsneys abendeonment of the old canon...

JoeVader

Concept
I just realized that this whole "Book of Boba Fett" series has a ton of Raimy's "Spider-Man 3" vibes.
SM2 was wildly successful and got a lot of things right (like Mando), but in SM3, the story díctated that Spidey had to be a bad person, and "the suits" most likely requested to tone down the evil he would commit when bonded with the symbiote.

This sounds just like ol' Boba. Now we have a series with tons of potential, that is seemingly afraid to embrace its protagonist’s darker nature.
And it looks like the No. 1 rule is: "Everyone can do bad things, but not Boba."

Hope this changes, but I'm not optimistic.

Last edited:

boba87fett

Admin
Staff member
What do you guys think we will see tonight?

This quote from Tem is great btw:

“I wasn’t very successful, I was hoping not to say as much as I have already in the first two episodes. I speak far too much. In fact, in the beginning, I was trying to pass my lines onto Ming-Na. ‘Excuse me, director, I really feel like Ming-Na should say these lines, because I want to stay mysterious. I want to stay quiet.’”

And this lol

68B7E420-A8F6-40B3-B77F-98F904BB181B.jpeg

boba87fett

Admin
Staff member
Chapter 4: The Gathering Storm

First Impression:

Wow. Huge improvement from Chapter 3 - I actually really enjoyed watching this episode. This would have been great as an earlier episode. Much better episode length too - I don’t like the short ones.

Great moments:

Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. The flares in the night over the desert from the fight between Din and Fennec (TMS1) was great. Hearing the theme music from The Mandalorian was also a great call back.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 9.49.21 AM.png

Fennec’s recon droid mapping out the palace was really cool.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.04.12 AM.png

Boba Fett creeping up like a shark and then mowing down the Kintan Striders speeder bike gang with the Slave I as they rode through the desert. Literally brought a huge smile to my face! This is the Boba I want to see. He looked over at Fennec, and she looked back at him like “strong work.” BUT, I do wonder if they were framed by the Pikes. Even Fennec second guessed the Kintan Striders wiping out the Tuskens.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.07.43 AM.png

Sick image of the Slave I in front of one of the Tatooine suns...

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.08.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.08.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.08.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.09.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.11.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.10.46 AM.png

Slave I attacking the Sarlacc. Seeing the guns fire into the sand was sick. I loved the sonic boom bomb to that lame beak of the Special Edition Sarlacc (even if it was Fennec that did it)...

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.12.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.12.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.13.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.14.49 AM.png

“Congratulations Master Fett, you are totally healed” – I think we are finally done with the flashbacks!

The scene in the Sanctuary with Krrsantan attacking the Trandoshans was awesome. He was heated and buzzed! Absolutely crushed them. I love that he actually dismembered one of them after Garsa tried to talk him down. Makes sense because of the Trandoshans hunting wookies for sport. Glad to see this.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.18.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.17.44 AM.png

Garsa Fwip. Damn. I think she takes the cake second to Leia for the hottest woman in Star Wars. She has a great personality to back it up too. She’s confident, smart and goes toe to toe with Krrsantan.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.19.34 AM.png

Garsa even walks up and just touches him like it's no big deal.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.20.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.21.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.22.44 AM.png

I liked the "well you tried" and "yeah, I tried" moment.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.22.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.23.38 AM.png

Love that he hired Krrsantan to work for him. Great team up.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.25.43 AM.png

Dinner over the rancor was awesome. When they threaten Boba and the rancor rattles the cage I was stoked. Great flex by Boba. “Easy boy. He is a little hungry…”

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.25.23 AM.png

“Credits can buy muscle if you know where to look” The theme song from The Mandalorian coming in was great.

Character Development:

Boba Fett:

“Not today old girl. Too many guards.” – I like that he knows that without his armor, he can’t take on *that* many guards on his own.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 9.48.30 AM.png

Boba: “Either I get it [Slave I] back or die” – Great to see his aggression and commitment again.

If he is going to make the transition from bounty hunter to leader, then I am happy that they are at least sharing his maturation and reasoning:
“I’m tired of working for idiots that are going to get me killed”
“There is an advantage to people thinking you’re dead.”

“I have a few scores to settle.” - Like I mentioned above. I loved seeing him take down the gang with Slave I. I'm sure he has more scores to settle too though.

Returning to the Sarlacc in the Slave I. I like that Boba is determined to find his armor. Even after he's got PTSD from almost being digested by the Sarlacc, Boba Fett freaking willingly goes BACK into the dead Sarlacc wearing just his Tusken robes because he wants his armor that badly.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.16.03 AM.png

“What you need to find is a bacta tank” - Good set up by Fennec for all of his bacta treatments.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.16.26 AM.png

Continuing to build on his desire to lead rather than take jobs: “I’m tired of our kind dying because of the idiocy of others. We are smarter than them. It is time we took our shot.” – I can understand how a life of bounty hunting, killing and his own near death experience have been a catalyst for reevaluating the rest of his life.

Fennec “Living with the Tuskens has made you soft.” Great to see her make this comment. Most of us were thinking it.

Boba “No, it’s made me strong. You can only get so far without a tribe.” I do totally agree with this. So, it makes sense to me.

I liked that Boba said he will fight this war without these families backing him. He basically was like, “eh, I don’t really need you.” They’re totally not going to remain neutral. They’re going to betray him with the Pykes. Hopefully the rancor shreds them in battle.

“I trust them to work in their own self-interest” Great line.

“I have plenty of credits.” Glad he's going to call on friends and hire some muscle. I'm really hoping that we get to see at least a couple of the Original Trilogy bounty hunters - Bossk and Dengar get my vote. I'm sure we will see Din and I'll bet that Din brings Cobb Vanth with him. I don't think that we will see Bo Katan or her other mandalorian cohorts, but *if* we do see them then I think it will be highly likely that Boba Fett will be involved in the war to retake Mandalore. Especially since he is getting into tribes and families versus staying neutral and bounty hunting.

Fennec:

I enjoyed seeing her relationship with Boba build up. From waking up like she’s in a horror film to choosing to be his partner. “What did you do to me?”

“Boba is dead.” How crazy would it be to come face to face with Boba Fett after knowing his reputation and what he looked like in his armor to then find out that he rescued you and is sitting across the fire from you, unmasked and in Tusken robes?

She is a total bad a**. She can fight. She can shoot. She’s got lots of cool tools and weapons. She’s pretty much the original trilogy version of Boba Fett. And she bosses him around kind of like how Boba talked back to Vader. After the Sarlacc, she told him “Next time we stick to the plan” lol…

Other notable moments:

They pulled the spurs sound from Boba Fett walking up to Fennec during the flashback to Season 1 Chapter of The Mandalorian. Would have been nice if they had incorporated spurs into his boots for Bantha riding.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 9.49.57 AM.png

The guards and henchman around the palace were cool. Nice to see them fighting in the hanger.

Apparently Gonk droids are highly explosive lol…

Funny moments:

“Find other banthas. Make baby banthas.”

Missed Opportunities:

“Firespray gunship” – we all knew he wasn’t going to call it the Slave I. At least he didn’t call it his “starship.”

Worst moments:

Those freaking Vespas. At least this time it stayed parked.

The whole mod-parlor was very much not Tatooine. The rave music should go back to The Matrix.

Chef Grievous knife mode callback was lame… even my wife called it out. At least Fennec cut his head off quickly.

The robot chicken kitchen chase. Kind of reminded me of the trouble-making mini transformers from the Transformers movies. Mischievous and unnecessary.

Lots of “I am Boba Fett” moments this chapter.

Garsa calling Krssantan “Santo” – horrible nickname. But, glad to see her not afraid of him. Makes her look legit.

Overall, great episode!

Last edited:

C Stallard Designs

Vendor/Painter
Perfectly summed up. It could have easily been a shorter episode. So much felt like it was in slow motion. The meeting around the table lasted forever. My only gripe so far is we’re just over half way through the season and it’s only just about to get going... hopefully.

RamSkirata

Concept
Chapter 4: The Gathering Storm

First Impression:

Wow. Huge improvement from Chapter 3 - I actually really enjoyed watching this episode. This would have been great as an earlier episode. Much better episode length too - I don’t like the short ones.

Great moments:

Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. The flares in the night over the desert from the fight between Din and Fennec (TMS1) was great. Hearing the theme music from The Mandalorian was also a great call back.

View attachment 8248

Fennec’s recon droid mapping out the palace was really cool.

View attachment 8222

Boba Fett creeping up like a shark and then mowing down the Kintan Striders speeder bike gang with the Slave I as they rode through the desert. Literally brought a huge smile to my face! This is the Boba I want to see. He looked over at Fennec, and she looked back at him like “strong work.” BUT, I do wonder if they were framed by the Pikes. Even Fennec second guessed the Kintan Striders wiping out the Tuskens.

View attachment 8223

Sick image of the Slave I in front of one of the Tatooine suns...

View attachment 8224

View attachment 8225

View attachment 8226

View attachment 8227

View attachment 8229

View attachment 8228

Slave I attacking the Sarlacc. Seeing the guns fire into the sand was sick. I loved the sonic boom bomb to that lame beak of the Special Edition Sarlacc (even if it was Fennec that did it)...

View attachment 8230

View attachment 8231

View attachment 8232

View attachment 8233

“Congratulations Master Fett, you are totally healed” – I think we are finally done with the flashbacks!

The scene in the Sanctuary with Krrsantan attacking the Trandoshans was awesome. He was heated and buzzed! Absolutely crushed them. I love that he actually dismembered one of them after Garsa tried to talk him down. Makes sense because of the Trandoshans hunting wookies for sport. Glad to see this.

View attachment 8237

View attachment 8236

Garsa Fwip. Damn. I think she takes the cake second to Leia for the hottest woman in Star Wars. She has a great personality to back it up too. She’s confident, smart and goes toe to toe with Krrsantan.

View attachment 8238

Garsa even walks up and just touches him like it's no big deal.

View attachment 8239

View attachment 8240

View attachment 8242

I liked the "well you tried" and "yeah, I tried" moment.

View attachment 8243

View attachment 8244

Love that he hired Krrsantan to work for him. Great team up.

View attachment 8246

Dinner over the rancor was awesome. When they threaten Boba and the rancor rattles the cage I was stoked. Great flex by Boba. “Easy boy. He is a little hungry…”

View attachment 8245

“Credits can buy muscle if you know where to look” The theme song from The Mandalorian coming in was great.

Character Development:

Boba Fett:

“Not today old girl. Too many guards.” – I like that he knows that without his armor, he can’t take on *that* many guards on his own.

View attachment 8220

Boba: “Either I get it [Slave I] back or die” – Great to see his aggression and commitment again.

If he is going to make the transition from bounty hunter to leader, then I am happy that they are at least sharing his maturation and reasoning:
“I’m tired of working for idiots that are going to get me killed”
“There is an advantage to people thinking you’re dead.”

“I have a few scores to settle.” - Like I mentioned above. I loved seeing him take down the gang with Slave I. I'm sure he has more scores to settle too though.

Returning to the Sarlacc in the Slave I. I like that Boba is determined to find his armor. Even after he's got PTSD from almost being digested by the Sarlacc, Boba Fett freaking willingly goes BACK into the dead Sarlacc wearing just his Tusken robes because he wants his armor that badly.

View attachment 8234

“What you need to find is a bacta tank” - Good set up by Fennec for all of his bacta treatments.

View attachment 8235

Continuing to build on his desire to lead rather than take jobs: “I’m tired of our kind dying because of the idiocy of others. We are smarter than them. It is time we took our shot.” – I can understand how a life of bounty hunting, killing and his own near death experience have been a catalyst for reevaluating the rest of his life.

Fennec “Living with the Tuskens has made you soft.” Great to see her make this comment. Most of us were thinking it.

Boba “No, it’s made me strong. You can only get so far without a tribe.” I do totally agree with this. So, it makes sense to me.

I liked that Boba said he will fight this war without these families backing him. He basically was like, “eh, I don’t really need you.” They’re totally not going to remain neutral. They’re going to betray him with the Pykes. Hopefully the rancor shreds them in battle.

“I trust them to work in their own self-interest” Great line.

“I have plenty of credits.” Glad he's going to call on friends and hire some muscle. I'm really hoping that we get to see at least a couple of the Original Trilogy bounty hunters - Bossk and Dengar get my vote. I'm sure we will see Din and I'll bet that Din brings Cobb Vanth with him. I don't think that we will see Bo Katan or her other mandalorian cohorts, but *if* we do see them then I think it will be highly likely that Boba Fett will be involved in the war to retake Mandalore. Especially since he is getting into tribes and families versus staying neutral and bounty hunting.

Fennec:

I enjoyed seeing her relationship with Boba build up. From waking up like she’s in a horror film to choosing to be his partner. “What did you do to me?”

“Boba is dead.” How crazy would it be to come face to face with Boba Fett after knowing his reputation and what he looked like in his armor to then find out that he rescued you and is sitting across the fire from you, unmasked and in Tusken robes?

She is a total bad a**. She can fight. She can shoot. She’s got lots of cool tools and weapons. She’s pretty much the original trilogy version of Boba Fett. And she bosses him around kind of like how Boba talked back to Vader. After the Sarlacc, she told him “Next time we stick to the plan” lol…

Other notable moments:

They pulled the spurs sound from Boba Fett walking up to Fennec during the flashback to Season 1 Chapter of The Mandalorian. Would have been nice if they had incorporated spurs into his boots for Bantha riding.

View attachment 8221

The guards and henchman around the palace were cool. Nice to see them fighting in the hanger.

Apparently Gonk droids are highly explosive lol…

Funny moments:

“Find other banthas. Make baby banthas.”

Missed Opportunities:

“Firespray gunship” – we all knew he wasn’t going to call it the Slave I. At least he didn’t call it his “starship.”

Worst moments:

Those freaking Vespas. At least this time it stayed parked.

The whole mod-parlor was very much not Tatooine. The rave music should go back to The Matrix.

Chef Grievous knife mode callback was lame… even my wife called it out. At least Fennec cut his head off quickly.

The robot chicken kitchen chase. Kind of reminded me of the trouble-making mini transformers from the Transformers movies. Mischievous and unnecessary.

Lots of “I am Boba Fett” moments this chapter.

Garsa calling Krssantan “Santo” – horrible nickname. But, glad to see her not afraid of him. Makes her look legit.

Overall, great episode!
Gonk doids ARE (possibly) highly explosive. They are energy droids, kinda like walking remote powersockets. Lotta energy in them. Would make sense that they are highly explosive.

Also thank you for the screenshots. I havent seen any of the series or even Mando 2 yet, but im very curious.

DWoelf

Concept
Still not what I had envisioned for Fett, but as mentioned, there were a handful of cool moments that were somewhat classic fett-like!! The latest episode is the only one I have watched more than once so far.