The Book of Boba Fett Discussion (Premieres 12/29)

RamSkirata

Concept
Fennec costume, much better than boba unfortunately
I find it rather generic to be honest...
It looks one that you get from your local costume shop for kids.
Which one? Fennec or Bob?
Fett is supposed to be the ultimate tactical warrior. This falls way short for me. I pretty disappointed but oh well.
Just look at the RotJ suit...
but ya gotta admit, traffic cones for the shoulder armor, bloody brilliant! LOL
Makes sourcing easier, lol.
Jokes aside, they probably had to go for something crushes easily for the stunt scenes to protec the actors.

Regarding all the critisim of the new look or "bob" (Book of Boba) how I call it... Its only normal, that we, who have studied the OT costume massively, dont like it. Its called the Sunk Cost Fallacy and is widely discussed in psychology and needs to be watched out for in a business setting.
How does it translate into us nerds?
We have, to varying degrees, invested massively into the old look, both finanfially and even more in terms of effort. Of course there is going to be a lot of negativity towards the new look! Were just too investet into the OT costume to want to see it rivalled by a different version.

Also there is the visual bias. We have spent so much time looking at pictures of the old Fett, that the new one just looks ... weird to us. Give it time and we will get used to it and will be able to evaluate the new look more objectively.

As for myself...
I REALLY dont like the elongated helmet. Just looks so weird and breaks the costume for me... Then again... That perception might change in a years time.

B0BA FETT

Concept
I'm not really interested in the bird. That's just for the PC brigade.

I don't think its a grower for me, it looks like when he had the outfit refinished it also shrunk in the wash. The boots might as well be Wellies, it also looks like the flight suit has a built in crash mat throughout and the whole stance looks like its an Oompa Loompa under the helmet.

They dropped the film because they made Solo so embarrassingly bad, it flopped, and they needed to get Boba right (so I have read)

Like I said you can always rely on Disney who's only real remit is Merch and money. They could, just for once make a serious character from the coolest guy in the Galaxy and make him even more of a Icon.

Last edited:

sutt_hero_rotj

BFB Hero
I find it rather generic to be honest...

Which one? Fennec or Bob?

Just look at the RotJ suit...

Makes sourcing easier, lol.
Jokes aside, they probably had to go for something crushes easily for the stunt scenes to protec the actors.

Regarding all the critisim of the new look or "bob" (Book of Boba) how I call it... Its only normal, that we, who have studied the OT costume massively, dont like it. Its called the Sunk Cost Fallacy and is widely discussed in psychology and needs to be watched out for in a business setting.
How does it translate into us nerds?
We have, to varying degrees, invested massively into the old look, both finanfially and even more in terms of effort. Of course there is going to be a lot of negativity towards the new look! Were just too investet into the OT costume to want to see it rivalled by a different version.

Also there is the visual bias. We have spent so much time looking at pictures of the old Fett, that the new one just looks ... weird to us. Give it time and we will get used to it and will be able to evaluate the new look more objectively.

As for myself...
I REALLY dont like the elongated helmet. Just looks so weird and breaks the costume for me... Then again... That perception might change in a years time.
Haha 🤣 nope still don’t like it