The Book of Boba Fett Discussion (Premieres 12/29)

boba87fett

Admin
Staff member
Hi everyone,

I figured I'd start a thread for our discussions regarding The Book of Boba Fett, which is scheduled to debut on December 29th on Disney+.

Disney just released this teaser poster yesterday. While it is not a photograph, perhaps there are some ques we can pick up on regarding costume changes? My "snap reaction" is that I like this costume much more than the costume(s) from The Mandalorian Season 2.

book-of-boba-fett-teaser-poster-989797346.jpg

The helmet in this artists depiction of Fett makes it look much better than the previous helmet. I also like that he looks like he has ditched his skirt and is back in a flight suit?

What do you guys think?

- Steven

ShortFuse

BFB Hero
I don’t like how the shoulder bells appear to be mounted to the inner sleeves.
Also as a functional aspect, I couldn’t imagine that wearing the gauntlets and having the armor pieces on the back of the hands would offer much dexterity.

miggs fett

Supertrooper
Also as a functional aspect, I couldn’t imagine that wearing the gauntlets and having the armor pieces on the back of the hands would offer much dexterity.
totally agree!

boba87fett

Admin
Staff member
Yeah the shoulder armor mounted under the flak vest sleeve looks weird and like it would also limit range of motion. Hopefully that is an artist oversight.

Maybe his hand armor is rubber like some Mechanix M-Pact gloves lol... I use these for work and love them.

Mechanix-Gloves-M-Pact.jpg

I've got a feeling that much more community Fett stuff was given to Ironwood Studios this time around - could be wrong, but let's wait and see. I think most serious Star Wars fans recognized the short comings of the costume in TMS2 when compared to the OT Fetts.

I'm hoping they even got a better helmet with the larger turn signals (as in the poster) and maybe even a set of the MCR metal ears in proper proportions.

ShortFuse

BFB Hero
Yeah the shoulder armor mounted under the flak vest sleeve looks weird and like it would also limit range of motion. Hopefully that is an artist oversight.

Maybe his hand armor is rubber like some Mechanix M-Pact gloves lol... I use these for work and love them.

View attachment 6812

I've got a feeling that much more community Fett stuff was given to Ironwood Studios this time around - could be wrong, but let's wait and see. I think most serious Star Wars fans recognized the short comings of the costume in TMS2 when compared to the OT Fetts.

I'm hoping they even got a better helmet with the larger turn signals (as in the poster) and maybe even a set of the MCR metal ears in proper proportions.
It’s not so much what the armor might be made of but more due to the fact that it’s hard enough to move your wrists with just the gauntlets on without anything else in the way.