Re-Painted Boba Fett build

56Strat

Concept
Hello gents. Mirroring my post on TDH. Starting with the helmet. I ordered a cast from Red Bow Props and can not be happier. It was a fantastically smooth cast which needed extremely little work to prep for paint outside of removing the visor and smoothing the bottom out. I will post a comparison of size next to a BS proto helmet and an EFX. It is considerably smaller and for me, being 5'6" and 130lbs, is perfect. This was my first attempt at a helmet ever and trimming/prepping were easy enough. I slipped with the dremel a couple of times and had to use bondo to fill out the cheek and mandibles where I had taken chunks out...rookie mistake. However it all smoothed out perfectly fine. I used the grey rustoleum primer and then masked off the damage using cap-that and howtoboba.com reference photos and some plain personal liberties. I used rustoleum texture spray for the texture and applied slightly heavier on the upper cheeks. I used Montana spray cans for the majority of the color. Storm for the dome and lower cheeks, Tag Green for upper cheeks, Cardinal for the mandibles/ back trim, and Celtic for the rear green. I used orange for the killstripes and the 19th one flat black. I'm still in search of colors for both ears, so that will be updated as I find them. I also gave the whole helmet a few acrylic black washes and that really toned the paint and made it look really nice. I will be adding the silver damage topically as well as adding the paint in the turn signals and then I'll airbrush some more wear once helmet is complete. I will post updates here as I have them. Also received my RKD armor. Aside from the chest plates being very curved (I fixed with a heat gun) pieces feel quality and the smaller size is going to be essential for me. My only other issue is that the left chest doesn't have the cutouts for the chest display molded in, so it looks like I'm at a standstill with that until I order my Fettronics. Then I'll have to eyeball it. I'll post updates on that in the next few days hopefully.
 

Attachments

  • image_50417665.JPG
    image_50417665.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
  • image_67186689.JPG
    image_67186689.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • image_67224833.JPG
    image_67224833.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • image_67192065.JPG
    image_67192065.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • image_67172865.JPG
    image_67172865.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • image_55415491.JPG
    image_55415491.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 29

56Strat

Concept
A few updates. I received my RKD armor and after flattening the chest plates excessive curvature, looks and fits pretty well. I know it isn’t accurate to the show, but until Vendors start coming out with the hard edge 1/4” thick armor, I’m happy with vac-formed. I have added Rustoleum texture spray based on both Boba’s kit as well as Cobb’s. I did a test fitting of the helmet together since I need to get some dry transfer decals for the ear details as well as find a left ear color that I am happy with. I will be working on the weathering and further damage soon. Also, I need to order my fettronics so I can cut out the chest display. Slow progress, but progress nonetheless. I used Hunt Club Green for the armor and Montana Gold SH Yellow for the knees and shoulders. It’s a bit bright now, but will be toned with weathering. Also Jaster’s Feather has been airbrushed on.
 

Attachments

  • 6FF3AB0F-0F47-4F52-956D-5CA8FEB7D587.jpeg
    6FF3AB0F-0F47-4F52-956D-5CA8FEB7D587.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
  • C6EFDB46-DB0C-4B0D-81D7-132D079DC1B3.jpeg
    C6EFDB46-DB0C-4B0D-81D7-132D079DC1B3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
  • 10C927E8-D3C6-4B54-A7C9-D8F4724ED985.jpeg
    10C927E8-D3C6-4B54-A7C9-D8F4724ED985.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52

56Strat

Concept
Armor looks great. I assume the stencil worked well.
Stencil was perfect. My only thing was that I had to airbrush very thin coats because of the texture, it kept wanting to pull up. So I would do a thin coat and press it down with tweezers and repeat. I suppose some very light sanding after the texture dried would be the best way to combat this, but not a major issue.
 

56Strat

Concept
Update: Got my SA Patrol X gloves and my rubber hand plates from Wasted Fett. So far, sadly that and my Nortiv8s are the only SA pieces I have. I also have a bucket on order from Wasted Fett as well who worked with JB Dubz who is writing the CRL, so I'm confident that that will be the accurate helmet. Wasted Fett also confirmed that he is working on the armor in the correct Polyurethane Rubber as well. I know Bobamaker is also sculpting the new armor, so at some point in the VERY near future, I'll be upgrading and leaving this on a mannequin, re-painting for post-sarlacc display. Also waiting for the correct jetpack to come out as well. Still hunting the 10mm Girth belt rope and I also need to grab the leather pouch belt with holster as well. A long way to go yet on this build, but something is better than nothing!
 

Attachments

  • FD97F015-6B3E-4F66-8226-A0460D5CD831.jpeg
    FD97F015-6B3E-4F66-8226-A0460D5CD831.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 25
  • 8A652062-6203-4DBD-A3E0-302B74FD6686.jpeg
    8A652062-6203-4DBD-A3E0-302B74FD6686.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
  • 187C9BBE-A78D-40C4-AB85-F55701BBF36D.jpeg
    187C9BBE-A78D-40C4-AB85-F55701BBF36D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Top