Piezoelectric Sparker (gas lighter) Find

This is a website that had one for sale that is no longer for sale. $89 bucks ain't to bad...keep hunting fetts we're on to something!!! It looks like we need to go search the vintage vinyl shops hahaha!!
Yea that's the only website that has mention of it on the entire internet as far as I can tell. They got it early March and it sold.

This is a website that had one for sale that is no longer for sale. $89 bucks ain't to bad...keep hunting fetts we're on to something!!! It looks like we need to go search the vintage vinyl shops hahaha!!
That’s the seller Josh was referring to. I would like to add that folks please do not contact him as I’ve already asked to message me should they come across another one.

Don’t want us fetts to get on his bad side!

I totally agree when not crazy just passionate hahaha
That’s the seller Josh was referring to. I would like to add that folks please do not contact him as I’ve already asked to message me should they come across another one.

Don’t want us fetts to get on his bad side!

I put my feelers out towards vinyl collectors reddit but someone beat me to it two days ago. I put another a.p.p. on the other vinyl reddit page. Looks like I gonna search some 2nd hand shops today!

Wanna go back to this thought, do you guys see the raised edge or is a trick of the shadow? A few buddies say shadow and light, but I do see an edge 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_4702.png
    IMG_4702.png
    959.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4695.png
    IMG_4695.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 38
Wanna go back to this thought, do you guys see the raised edge or is a trick of the shadow? A few buddies say shadow and light, but I do see an edge 🤔
I think this is just a highlight and a dark reflection next to each other on the edge contour. At most maybe its a slight deformity of the plastic at the edge. I do not think its an actual raised part of the plastic. If you follow it all the way to the front, away from the highlight, there is not much there in the topography of the side that would indicate to me a deliberate step or rise in the otherwise flat surface.

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 8.16.37 PM.png

Last edited:
I think this is just a highlight and a dark reflection next to each other on the edge contour. At most maybe its a slight deformity of the plastic at the edge. I do not think its an actual raised part of the plastic. If you follow it all the way to the front, away from the highlight, there is not much there in the topography of the side that would indicate to me a deliberate step or rise in the otherwise flat surface.

View attachment 16621

This is correct, IMO. These would have been injection molded, which will almost always have a little warping in the least supported areas, especially if they are a "shell" shaped part. In the photo you can see reflections of overhead lights, which would have cast a much darker shadow if there were any raised edges on the side.

Back