New squeaky clean Fett WIP: Boba on Throne

Dynamic1

Concept
To say that this was long overdue is an absolute understatement! While many purists may not take a quick liking to this new clean version, I was chomping at the bit to get going on it.... And to take it a step further, I was equally as excited to get going on a long overdue WIP. So sit back and grab your popcorn and blue milk....

AA26122E-B15A-4460-AA99-07C069F8CC7C.jpeg

Last edited:

Dynamic1

Concept
Primer down... there’s just something about the nice clean foundation of primer.... Fettseven and I have been meeting up to discuss the green. We’ve both agreed that is seems to be very similar to ROTJ. Initially we had set our sights on the oldie but a goody “Satin Hunter Green” by Krylon. Minus the weathering/ misting it seemed super close!? After laying it down however, it was evident that after comparing to the many many screen caps it needed more. The slight TV blur coupled with the tricks greens will play on the naked eye, Convinced Me to go into the archives. Here is the paint process along with the paint images so far:

1. Primer (Charcoal)
2. Base metal
3. Mask damage
4. Light coat of Satin Hunter Green
5. Light coat of Euro dark green
6. Un-mask followed by 0000 steel wool
7. Flat clear coat (current spot in the process)
8. Weather/ misting as desired

06709DDB-B46A-4C16-9ED1-949D0045BAC6.jpeg

D68A12FE-080C-4AA2-81E3-FC6F9BEE2BE0.jpeg

6ACA823B-F3C8-4B62-BFA8-583D071EA294.jpeg

Last edited:

Dynamic1

Concept
Little update today... for the shoulders I decided to go with the following:
1. Base metal
2. Base coat of Rust-Oleum striping yellow
3. Airbrush Model Master Reefer Yellow
4. Mist with a mix of Polly Scale Milwaukee Road Orange and Reefer Yellow
5. Un-mask followed by 0000 steel whool and Dull clear coat
6. Weather as desired

EBF5A31F-E021-44D8-888B-4D8BC0850040.jpeg

9C51A3FA-65E9-4CF8-B138-69A73BC35108.jpeg

Last edited:

Dynamic1

Concept
Alright.... oh how I miss laying 72 coats of yellow lol! Kidding aside the Striping Yellow really gave some nice texture as well as a solid base for the reefer ... def saved me on paint. As it stands, this is where I’m currently at minus the misting/ weathering I need to do. I still need to get some good screen caps for the knees... I’ll be grabbing some screen caps of “Bobas Return” episode..... that knee dart shot though!!!!

604C1630-3671-4570-B5A6-963DBA8E0BD1.jpeg

203E7F76-077F-45B7-9A8D-5A3DCB48E74D.jpeg

Last edited:

Dynamic1

Concept
Some light misting (pewter gray) on the armor today suggested by Rubio95, followed by the base yellow on the knees. The gray mist gives it just enough contrast without overwhelming the green. Although the knees really have such subtle weathering it’s hardly noticeable, I decided to mask off just a touch of metal ..... Having done many paint-ups previously it's more preference/ creative liberty than anything ; )..

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

Dynamic1

Concept
You’re off to a great start here.

Have sourced a helmet yet?

Just spotted on Facebook earlier that Bobamaker has announced he’s now making Boba Fett stuff based on Season 2 The Mandalorian.
Thanks roger...Yep, went w/ MF's "Cobb Vanth" FG kit. I believe its the SS bust lid which we know was used for both the DW (Dent filled) as well as BF's.

Dynamic1

Concept
Id be interested in a writeup on your customer journey with him an a thorough review of the helmet if you would be so kind. I find it most interesting!
Absolutely... nothing can be worse than Star Fortis or Anovos at this point 😂😂.. so far communication has been good with sound updates....

Last edited: