Member Introductions

T-Jay

BFB Hero
Hi everyone.
After lurking around for about a year now, I thought it was time to officially say hello. 🖐

Member User Name: T-Jay
First Name: Tino
State/Country: NRW, Germany
Favorite Boba Fett Costume: RotJ SE

Prop collector since 2012.
Active member of the 501st Legion since 2017 (ID: 61276) with a classic Stormtrooper (ANH Stunt).
Built a total of 20 E-11 Blasters so far and helped setting up the FISD E-11 Blaster Reference.

Collecting OT helmets from the best available sources and love to then painfully upgrade and detail them to match the look of the originals.
Next on the list is a Boba Fett RotJ SE. Helmet already is in hands and assembled, just looking for a painter now...

2019-09-28 10.01.24-1.jpg

Last edited:

miggs fett

Touring Fett
Hi everyone.
After lurking around for about a year now, I thought it was time to officially say hello. 🖐

Member User Name: T-Jay
First Name: Tino
State/Country: NRW, Germany
Favorite Boba Fett Costume: RotJ SE

Prop collector since 2012.
Active member of the 501st Legion since 2017 (ID: 61276) with a classic Stormtrooper (ANH Stunt).
Built a total of 20 E-11 Blasters so far and helped setting up the FISD E-11 Blaster Reference.

Collecting OT helmets from the best available sources and love to then painfully upgrade and detail them to match the look of the originals.
Next on the list is a Boba Fett RotJ SE. Helmet already is in hands and assembled, just looking for a painter now...

View attachment 9427

Awesome photo!

Chili_fett

Concept
Hey guys, so cool to see so many familiar names and costumes!

1. Member User Name: Chili_Fett
  2. First Name: Jesse
  3. Age: 30
  4. State/Country: Boston, Massachusetts
  5. Favorite Boba Fett Costume: Gotta be ESB but PP2 isn’t far off
  6. Your experience with painting/prop making: I was always artistic as a child and throughout high school. I love working with my hands, creating things and always enjoyed making crazy Halloween costumes growing up. As a life-long Star Wars fan I originally bought a helmet to paint back in 2015 simply out of my love for the character with no knowledge of this awesome community. It wasn’t until quarantine that I finally sat down to paint my bucket and the rest is history. What started as a one-off project slowly turned into assembling a makeshift costume (with minimal research) which then quickly turned into a total obsession with putting together a 501st worthy costume. I’ve made many mistakes and there has been a ton of trial and error but that just makes everything so much more rewarding when you learn new skills and things fall into place
  7. Favorite reference materials: All ESB production phots and screenshots, Anything RafalFett, and so many of your own amazing costumes!
  8. What you hope to get from joining BFB: I really look forward to connecting with like-minded people who are willing to discuss and share their knowledge and hopefully I can start to share some of my own. I’ve been a long time lurker on TDH but it can seem somewhat overwhelming at times in terms of being a contributor. BobaFett Builders seems like it’s a tight knit community and I’m excited to get in as it takes off!
  9. Links to your social media, YouTube, etc: I don’t post too often but here’s the link to my WIP page Login • Instagram

ShortFuse

BFB Hero
Hey guys, so cool to see so many familiar names and costumes!

1. Member User Name: Chili_Fett
  2. First Name: Jesse
  3. Age: 30
  4. State/Country: Boston, Massachusetts
  5. Favorite Boba Fett Costume: Gotta be ESB but PP2 isn’t far off
  6. Your experience with painting/prop making: I was always artistic as a child and throughout high school. I love working with my hands, creating things and always enjoyed making crazy Halloween costumes growing up. As a life-long Star Wars fan I originally bought a helmet to paint back in 2015 simply out of my love for the character with no knowledge of this awesome community. It wasn’t until quarantine that I finally sat down to paint my bucket and the rest is history. What started as a one-off project slowly turned into assembling a makeshift costume (with minimal research) which then quickly turned into a total obsession with putting together a 501st worthy costume. I’ve made many mistakes and there has been a ton of trial and error but that just makes everything so much more rewarding when you learn new skills and things fall into place
  7. Favorite reference materials: All ESB production phots and screenshots, Anything RafalFett, and so many of your own amazing costumes!
  8. What you hope to get from joining BFB: I really look forward to connecting with like-minded people who are willing to discuss and share their knowledge and hopefully I can start to share some of my own. I’ve been a long time lurker on TDH but it can seem somewhat overwhelming at times in terms of being a contributor. BobaFett Builders seems like it’s a tight knit community and I’m excited to get in as it takes off!
  9. Links to your social media, YouTube, etc: I don’t post too often but here’s the link to my WIP page Login • Instagram

Welcome to the hunt.

krfett

Concept
  1. Member User Name: krfett
  2. First Name: Keith
  3. Age: 50
  4. State/Country: North Carolina, USA
  5. Favorite Boba Fett Costume: I'm partial to ESB because of the drabness. For some reason I love that. But also ROTJ because of the colorfulness of the jetpack.
  6. Your experience with painting/prop making. Well, I did paint an MG Midget using 3 Amazon paint guns (one each for primer, base and clear coat) and it turned out pretty good. I have not made any props until recently when I made a codpiece and kidney armor out of a trash can then re-did the blue center piece on the jetpack. Oh, and toe spikes I made from a wooden dowel and aluminum bar.
  7. Favorite reference materials: BFB, The Dented Helmet, 501st Databank
  8. What you hope to get from joining BFB: To work smarter, not harder.
  9. Links to your social media, YouTube, etc. I try to avoid social media, especially anything "Meta".
  10. Anything else you would like to add/link to build thread. This is the first time I have every cosplayed and the first cosplay I have ever built. It is still a work in progress.
    What got me into this: earlier this year (around the holidays) I was chatting with some friends and the topic came up of "what did you want to be when you were 10 and why are you not doing that now?" Most said they wanted to be a vet, actor, doctor, firefighter, construction worker, etc and most replied they weren't smart enough nor wealthy enough to afford the education.

I responded, "10 years old? In 1982? I wanted to be Boba Fett. You people are weird."
    And what was stopping me from being Boba Fett? Well, nothing. So I started building my costume in January.
Aattached photos are from GalaxyCon in Raleigh, July 2022. And yes, I sweat BUCKETS. It was 32ºC.

About the build:
Helmet, shoulders, chest, jetpack (completely repainted), rifle, gauntlets and knees from builders in Romania.
Jumpsuit and vest from seamsters in Bolivia
Shin tools from Shapeways
Codpiece and Kidney armor from Home Depot (Rubbermaid trash can, Rustoleum, hot glue, rubber cement (for weathering))
Collar and kidney keys from an actual 1980s adding machine
Hoses from Home Depot
Girth belt handmade with 1/4" cotton rope, Rit "wine" dye, eyelets from a girth belt that do not fit
Ammo pouches are not accurate but were made by a guy in Charlotte, NC
Voice changer, chest display and jetpack beacon by external supplier (I forget who)
All weathering done by me

Attachments

• IMG_5693.jpeg
    IMG_5693.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5692.jpeg
    IMG_5692.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5624.jpeg
    IMG_5624.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5690.jpeg
    IMG_5690.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5710.jpeg
    IMG_5710.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5717.jpeg
    IMG_5717.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5726.jpeg
    IMG_5726.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6

miggs fett

Touring Fett
  1. Member User Name: krfett
  2. First Name: Keith
  3. Age: 50
  4. State/Country: North Carolina, USA
  5. Favorite Boba Fett Costume: I'm partial to ESB because of the drabness. For some reason I love that. But also ROTJ because of the colorfulness of the jetpack.
  6. Your experience with painting/prop making. Well, I did paint an MG Midget using 3 Amazon paint guns (one each for primer, base and clear coat) and it turned out pretty good. I have not made any props until recently when I made a codpiece and kidney armor out of a trash can then re-did the blue center piece on the jetpack. Oh, and toe spikes I made from a wooden dowel and aluminum bar.
  7. Favorite reference materials: BFB, The Dented Helmet, 501st Databank
  8. What you hope to get from joining BFB: To work smarter, not harder.
  9. Links to your social media, YouTube, etc. I try to avoid social media, especially anything "Meta".
  10. Anything else you would like to add/link to build thread. This is the first time I have every cosplayed and the first cosplay I have ever built. It is still a work in progress.
    What got me into this: earlier this year (around the holidays) I was chatting with some friends and the topic came up of "what did you want to be when you were 10 and why are you not doing that now?" Most said they wanted to be a vet, actor, doctor, firefighter, construction worker, etc and most replied they weren't smart enough nor wealthy enough to afford the education.

I responded, "10 years old? In 1982? I wanted to be Boba Fett. You people are weird."
    And what was stopping me from being Boba Fett? Well, nothing. So I started building my costume in January.
Aattached photos are from GalaxyCon in Raleigh, July 2022. And yes, I sweat BUCKETS. It was 32ºC.

About the build:
Helmet, shoulders, chest, jetpack (completely repainted), rifle, gauntlets and knees from builders in Romania.
Jumpsuit and vest from seamsters in Bolivia
Shin tools from Shapeways
Codpiece and Kidney armor from Home Depot (Rubbermaid trash can, Rustoleum, hot glue, rubber cement (for weathering))
Collar and kidney keys from an actual 1980s adding machine
Hoses from Home Depot
Girth belt handmade with 1/4" cotton rope, Rit "wine" dye, eyelets from a girth belt that do not fit
Ammo pouches are not accurate but were made by a guy in Charlotte, NC
Voice changer, chest display and jetpack beacon by external supplier (I forget who)
All weathering done by me

welcome! imagine going back to meet your 10 year old self as Boba Fett?!?

krfett

Concept
welcome! imagine going back to meet your 10 year old self as Boba Fett?!?
It would have hands-down been the best day of my life.

I have been practicing the Jason Wingren voice. Details follow…

At the Raleigh GalaxyCon I had several folks ask for photos for which I happily obliged. When they asked for a photo I responded — coldly — with “As you wish.” which elicited many “WOW” reactions and a few,”OMG THE VOICE!!” (I have a voice changer).

But the best experience near the end of my time in the suit came when I was chilling on the throne in the 501st room and this fella came up to me and said,”you are my favorite Star Wars character “ to which I replied,”well, as of now you’re my favorite Star Wars fan.” He grinned ear to ear and asked if he could get a photo to which I agreed. He then asked asked if he could put his arm around me and I nodded and said,”as you wish” which made him hold his fists to his mouth and expand that grin.

We got the photo (attached) and afterward he asked me,” How did you escape the Sarlacc?” to which I replied,”determination… and fire 🔥”. He and his parents had a great laugh. I had the biggest smile on my face you could not see.

That made all of the expense, sweat and time worth it. I cannot wait to do it again.

Attachments

• 5CA4A8D2-7886-40FA-985D-6FCEE94337B9.jpeg
    5CA4A8D2-7886-40FA-985D-6FCEE94337B9.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

RobertFett

Concept
  • Member User Name: RobertFett
  • First Name : Rob
  • State/Country : Illinois, USA
  • Favorite Boba Fett Costume : ROTJ
  • Your experience with painting/prop making : Very little but that will change shortly ;)
  • Favorite reference materials : ROTJ; Sideshow Collectibles; Various Action figures; Other cosplayers armor
  • What you hope to get from joining BFB : Better insight and help on my build of the most bad *** armor in the galaxy!

I'm excited to be here and cannot wait to get started and conversing with other Boba-Enthusiasts!

miggs fett

Touring Fett
  • Member User Name: RobertFett
  • First Name : Rob
  • State/Country : Illinois, USA
  • Favorite Boba Fett Costume : ROTJ
  • Your experience with painting/prop making : Very little but that will change shortly ;)
  • Favorite reference materials : ROTJ; Sideshow Collectibles; Various Action figures; Other cosplayers armor
  • What you hope to get from joining BFB : Better insight and help on my build of the most bad *** armor in the galaxy!

I'm excited to be here and cannot wait to get started and conversing with other Boba-Enthusiasts!
Prepare yourself! It's a long road! Welcome to the club!