5/8 - Happy Saturday! Weekends mean more time for Boba Stuff just finished up the key slot and ears. I sprayed them with silver, masked off some of the bigger areas and then used my airbrush to do some grey weathering. To get the fine scratches, what I did was use a toothpick to scratch up the areas before the paint dried.
5/18 - Here it is! My ROTJ bucket is nearly complete. That dome was quite the challenge as well as the kill stripes. For my first time doing a bucket, I am satisfied with the way this turned out and look forward to do more in the future. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. Definitely going to go over this guy with a wire wool brush and some black misting via airbrush! Next will be ear and visor attachment!
5/22 - Got the ears attached along with the range finder stalk! I took a wool wire brush to the ears to make the weathering look more natural, thanks for the suggestion @KaanE I used Gorilla Glue Construction adhesive for the left and bottom right ears. The range finder stalk is held with a couple flat head bolts. The ear cap covering the stalk was applied with the same adhesive mentioned earlier. Next will be the range finder itself, the visor, and some weathering! Also have to paint the 2 triangles in the front of the helmet, I keep missing those!
5/24 - Here is my bucket with the attached range finder! Believe it or, it was quite tricky to get it attached to the stalk. Some sanding and usage of that same Gorilla Glue adhesive did the trick. Some weathering and visor installation are the last 2 steps. And painting those triangles, I keep missing those LOL
5/25 - here it is! This bad boy is 99.99% complete! I had a lot of funny doing this helmet, by far the favorite part so far. I got the visor installed and did some black weathering with my airbrush. Getting this guy finished up is such a big relief, as I was super nervous to do a helmet. I’m pretty happy with the way this guy turned out
5/30 - 5/30 - Here are some photos of me suited up with the ROTJ helmet. I still want to get a new cape and fixate the helmet better on my head to show some neck seal. Also need to put in the Boba thong. I do want to get a new EE-3 as well, all in good time though! Next will be a new jet pack.