2/11 - Did some test fitting of the chest armor. Lucky for me, I have a twin brother so we are roughly the same size (I might be a little thicker LOL). I got the chest display velcroed to the vest as well!
2/12 - Thought I’d do a little suit up for Fett Friday! This is my progress so far. There is still much to do (finish shoulders, knees, back plate, jet pack, helmet, cape) among other details. I finally used my airbrush to subtly added some black weathering to the body armor and gauntlets, it was fun and easy to use! And of course I had to use a Boba helmet for the photos, it’s the ESB black series helmet. I’m mad nervous to do my own helmet!
2/16 - I think these shoulders are done! Much like the body armor, I used my airbrush to paint the black and orange weathering onto the shoulders. I ended up “decanting” a can of orange spray paint to use in my airbrush. Pretty simple process; I know that could’ve just bought some airbrush paint but I already had the orange in spray paint form so I decided to use that and save some money
2/16 - Started work on the knee pads. I masked off the silver and applied the light yellow coat. I’m using the same colors I used for the shoulder bells. I also weathered my cape a bit. Might do some more tattering at the bottom. I got this fabric from Hobby Lobby and had it cut to the correct size.
2/21 - Knees are almost done! Just have to add some weathering but here they are mostly completed. Also got most of the back plate done, just have to add weathering to that along with my jet pack thrusters.
2/23 - Here is my completed knees and jet pack thrusters! I hit the knees with a wool wire brush to dull out the gloss a bit. I also started some work on my jet pack. The blue I used was also a gloss so I’ve already started using the wool wire brush to dull out the gloss.
I opted to use a wool wire brush cause I did hear some negative experiences with dullcote usage on different types of paint.
2/25 - started the white on my jet pack! For anyone who’s wondering, I am using rattle cans for this entire build so if anyone ever needs colors I can let you know! Anyways, I also bought some craft foam to fill the pockets of my flight suit and hip pouches. I think the shape is pretty good, it doesn’t look to defined in shape. It sure was a messy process cutting the foam to size. Lucky for me, the foam I bought came as a square so I bought 2 and basically cut them in half to get the 4 pieces I needed.
3/6 - Update! So Its been awhile, I just started a new job last Monday so Boba had to be out on the back burner for a little. Anyways, I decided to do another suit up with some pieces that I had finished (knees, backplate, shoulders, and cape). Obviously, there’s still plenty to do including the helmet and jet pack plus a few other smaller details (hoses, Boba thong, etc). This is what it looks like so far!
4/8 - another update! Busy with work and life have brought this build to a slow crawl but that is ok! Here I have my ROTJ jet pack. Now this pack is a temporary place holder, as I have another kit in hand that is way more accurate. This kit is decent for beginners, it’s not perfectly sized and the shape isn’t super accurate but it looks pretty good. I’ve been working on this guy for so long and ran into multiple issues over the course of the process. But, I am pretty happy with how it looks and don’t want to spend any more time on it LOL. It’s not 100% accurate or perfect, nor does it matter cause as i said this is a place holder. I still will do work on the missile and go over everything with my airbrush but I’m happy the bulk of this guy is finished!
4/16 - Happy Fett Friday! Here is my weathered jet pack (obviously still have to work on the missile). Just used my airbrush to add that burnt effect. I’m pretty pleased of the way it looks. Also need to add a couple decals to the jet pack as well. Again, this is a temporary pack as it’s quite small. You can see in the photos just how small it is. I also need to move the hooks quite a bit but wanted to test fit to see how it felt! I am also missing a few other parts (3rd gauntlet hose, shoulder decal, helmet). I am planning to start my helmet this weekend!
4/18 - Started my bucket this afternoon! I’m going to go in with my airbrush to get the grey variation over the silver. I’ve been trying to use multiple references for the right damage. For ROTJ, there seems to be less as far as the helmet goes, especially the back.
4/19 - Here are my back panels! Still have to weather them up a bit with my airbrush but I am pleased with how they look so far. I used Gloss Meadow Green for them, probably could’ve went a little darker but nothing a little weathering won’t fix
5/2 - Happy May! Here is the work I’ve done so far on weathering the back panels. This was all done via airbrush so staying with the silver and trying hard to not over step on some of the green was very difficult. Overall, I’m pretty happy with the way this turned out thus far. I used a couple different grey’s and through trial and error, the colors I used are attached.
2/6 - Here is the painted up T for my ROTJ bucket! Pretty happy with the way it turned out. I’m trying to limit my resources to film references and 1-2 other helmets I’ve seen. Next up, I’ll be weathering up the ears which are already painted silver.