Let’s talk Grommets

sutt_hero_rotj

BFB Hero
Does anyone know the actual size grommets used for armor placement? I think I’m going to go down this damn rabbit hole and see what I come up with.

Ord Mantell

BFB Hero
Sorry I missed this thread. I was traveling when it was first posted. Love that kit @intwenothor! That is super nice to get everything together. I went with the same grommets used on the ESB helmet chin strap, which looked to me like size #1 rolled rim with spurs type, which oddly translates as 13/32" ID. Very close to 12mm. I don't recommend that type unless you really want to go over the top because just the setter alone for that type of grommet runs about $50. Kinda pricey. But that type is stronger. It doesn't have the flat edge on the rim, hence the 'rolled rim' and looking closely at the real vests, they looked like rolled rim type grommets to me.

sutt_hero_rotj

BFB Hero
Sorry I missed this thread. I was traveling when it was first posted. Love that kit @intwenothor! That is super nice to get everything together. I went with the same grommets used on the ESB helmet chin strap, which looked to me like size #1 rolled rim with spurs type, which oddly translates as 13/32" ID. Very close to 12mm. I don't recommend that type unless you really want to go over the top because just the setter alone for that type of grommet runs about $50. Kinda pricey. But that type is stronger. It doesn't have the flat edge on the rim, hence the 'rolled rim' and looking closely at the real vests, they looked like rolled rim type grommets to me.
Right on ! Waiting on that new gear , wink wink then it’s getting done lol