Jojofett95’s fieldmarshal EE-3 Blaster

Funkyred

Vendor/Painter
I had a work with Fieldmarshal asking him whether he would be offering an anodised option .My dad used to be a gun dealer back in the days we could own handguns and such here in the UK, he used to blue handguns in the kitchen so from what I can remember you can only blue steel. While searching around for wood stain and stock oil I found this company
They also sell an aluminium bluing liquid which may be a cheaper option . If I purchase one I will go and see a gunsmith I know about it.

Jojofett95

Supertrooper
I had a work with Fieldmarshal asking him whether he would be offering an anodised option .My dad used to be a gun dealer back in the days we could own handguns and such here in the UK, he used to blue handguns in the kitchen so from what I can remember you can only blue steel. While searching around for wood stain and stock oil I found this company
They also sell an aluminium bluing liquid which may be a cheaper option . If I purchase one I will go and see a gunsmith I know about it.
Yeah I tried that stuff, not really the best long term, but if that’s what your going for definitely try it out.

Jojofett95

Supertrooper
Yeah I tried that stuff, not really the best long term, but if that’s what your going for definitely try it out.
I had plenty conversation with Steven, (owner of acornplating, please check them out :)), about the process of anodising Aluminum. Bluing steel is a completely different process. Also that Birchwood stuff stinks like hell lol, I would recommed getting it done professionally anodised, like Christopher (maker of the Aluminum EE-3 advised me to do).

Jojofett95

Supertrooper
Also for wood stain, I used “American walnut”, by Colron on the walnut stock. I also added scratches and dents from reference photos with scorched areas also, with the number (67 under the left greeblie)

Jojofett95

Supertrooper
I wouldn’t advise using Birchwood “Aluminum Black”, on the whole Aluminum EE-3, just saying from experience and form a few members on TDH who have also tried that method. For small parts like the trigger and safety, is fine.

Funkyred

Vendor/Painter
I wouldn’t advise using Birchwood “Aluminum Black”, on the whole Aluminum EE-3, just saying from experience and form a few members on TDH who have also tried that method. For small parts like the trigger and safety, is fine.
Not sure how I will approach it tbh until I have one in hand,, there are a few different processes that will probably be used to try and achieve the look I want.EE-3 Blaster Comparison Original.jpgFB_IMG_1567837747943.jpg

Jojofett95

Supertrooper
Wow! No trouble getting it into the country?
Thanks!. I messaged Christopher via Facebook, he then advised me to contact his email representative, for a lesser price for international postage. The blaster kit was delivered across the seas, within 2 weeks. The only down side, was the custom charge, a hefty £160 to discharge my parcel from FedEx.

Turned out great!

I wouldn’t not recommend using Aluminum black, it’s a little tricky to get the hang of and it’s not going to be as through or durable as anodizing, but you can have great results with a finish that is closer to blued steel.

Jojofett95

Supertrooper
Turned out great!

I wouldn’t not recommend using Aluminum black, it’s a little tricky to get the hang of and it’s not going to be as through or durable as anodizing, but you can have great results with a finish that is closer to blued steel.
Absolutely agree, yours is a fantastic result of using that technique correctly. Iv seen a few people use Birchwood “Aluminum black”, incorrectly so it’s always good to do as much research before hand. I manly went with getting the parts anodised, as I wanted something longer lasting, without the hassle of messing it up, due to lack of experience. Again it’s all completely subjective and to each his own.