Jojofett95’s fieldmarshal EE-3 Blaster

Jojofett95

Supertrooper
Hi guys,

I thought it would be a good idea to post my work in progress, to this awesome community. As we all know fieldmarshal’s EE-3 has been a true privilege. Being based in the UK, Chris was very open to ship this bad boy over the pond, to be apart of my ESB build. I’ve noticed different techniques being used, on this Aluminum masterpiece, I’ve taken my knowledge from everyone here, into this project, to add a level of detail most don’t notice, but I’m sure many appreciate (a huge reason why I love this community). Progress will be made this week, as I went the route, of getting the Aluminum parts factory anodised. I was extremely lucky, that a local business helped me with this, at a reasonable price.
Here are the parts listed:

. Fieldmarshal Aluminum ESB EE-3 kit & mounts
. Sidewinder greeblies (V8 rods/discs and FM connectors).
.Found parts (Unimax safety switch/Vintage RHINO 4x20 scope - infinity symbol).
.Roman props MPP flash tube
Leather strap from amazon

Photos to follow this week, with painting technique used and finished appearance.

Let the fun begin...
92C30D2E-D7A6-4C69-A46F-30C6C17DACE6.jpeg
F2F00BF4-7AA0-407C-A47D-E96E5D8950A9.jpeg

Last edited:

Jojofett95

Supertrooper
I’m really interested in this thread. I don’t want to paint my Field Marshal. I need it blackened!
100%, that’s why I was hesitant to paint it, knowing if I didn’t prep the surface well enough, the paint wouldn’t stick. Also to give the appearance of a real gun, metallic finish and all. Give it a search around, a few places were way to expensive, but like me there’s definitely a better price for it.

Jojofett95

Supertrooper
Mail call! : Oh it’s going to be a good day today ;). Received my anodised parts, back from acornplating. I’m absolutely overjoyed with the results, I couldn’t be more happier. I’ll be putting this metal beast together today, then starts the weathering.

73C480F4-4094-4721-A6FB-F46B94E1EF86.jpeg
D51FB42E-112D-4E7E-A7E8-ADDCCCE95C29.jpeg

Jojofett95

Supertrooper
She’s done ;).
Fully anodised EE-3. I gave it a few passes of acrylic washes, then general gun damage. I used gun oil, to loosen the inner mechanics . All greeblies weathered using ArchiveX “weathered black, along with vintage scope and mounts.

6C53C8BC-9F7E-4CDB-B8C8-41281A4C8114.jpeg
More photos:
FD0115B3-9C08-46F5-971D-035F9F955940.jpeg
B8988995-03AD-480E-8A12-C3645B359C94.jpeg

Jojofett95

Supertrooper
Needs some brown , bronze on the main body imo , are you splitting the stock ?
The stock has been split, as per reference photos. Weathering is fully done, using a mixture of acrylic washes and oil washes. ArchiveX “weathered black”, Found part greeblies and Vintage scope.

Jojofett95

Supertrooper
My photos don’t really do it justice, there’s a lot of layers, tones of brown and black ash on mine, which my crappy phone won’t pick up. Also the brown tone of the ArchiveX isn’t clear in my phots, makes a huge difference.

Funkyred

Vendor/Painter
What did you use on your EE-3?, in terms on Bronze weathering. Do you have any pictures for reference, or your own blaster, to help in that sense.
I tried a few things, rub and buff and various bronze paints but tbh I never really acheived the bronze effect I wanted as seen in the ee3 reference images . Probably because my EE3 body is plastic 😥

Jojofett95

Supertrooper
I tried a few things, rub and buff and various bronze paints but tbh I never really acheived the bronze effect I wanted as seen in the ee3 reference images . Probably because my EE3 body is plastic 😥
Yeah I feel you, i had my lovely EE-3 blaster by sidewinder, before this. I know the original Webley is a hefty boy, but this Aluminum beauty is still weighty after awhile of holding it. For trooping hands down, the resin Webley is the way to go, but I don’t think my ESB fett will be active so much, planning on putting him on display.

Funkyred

Vendor/Painter
Yeah I feel you, i had my lovely EE-3 blaster by sidewinder, before this. I know the original Webley is a hefty boy, but this Aluminum beauty is still weighty after awhile of holding it. For trooping hands down, the resin Webley is the way to go, but I don’t think my ESB fett will be active so much, planning on putting him on display.
I held one the other day and was pleasantly surprised how light it was tbh . I am seriously thinking of selling my sidewinder and buying one to troop with

Jojofett95

Supertrooper
I held one the other day and was pleasantly surprised how light it was tbh . I am seriously thinking of selling my sidewinder and buying one to troop with
Yeah I’m not a strong dude lol, that just tells you right there lol. I definitely recommend get it anodised, to give it that gun finish, especially for the inner components ;). That’s another £250 for anodising, but for me it was definitely worth. Iv easily put £1350 into this boy.

Jojofett95

Supertrooper
Another thing, is customs, try talking to Christopher about getting a good deal on shipping, as he helped me a lot, big props to him, he’s a lovely guy. I was charged a heft £160 for customs via FedEx in the uk.