Jango Fett Jr ESB re-build

Hey Builders. I've been working on my new ESB build on and off over the last year, and despite promising myself that I'd document my progress, I haven't yet done that.

Just for fun here are a some of my builds from the last twenty years. Please don't make fun of my jock strap.

2000a (1).jpg2004 daniel (1).jpg2006a.jpg

I'll start posting photos and details about each component in the coming weeks, so for now I'll start with a couple "completed" parts.

Last edited:

HELMET​

APC_0014.jpg
Helmet is a G2 cast by Machinecraft Replicas, modified to its 1979 appearance.

Includes metal ears, replica borden, and Honeywell Micro Switch. This is what kicked off this whole rebuild.

Painted with enamels from Archive X. I can’t recommend these paints enough. Shoutout to Guy Cowen and Jon Bird for their assistance and research.

Rangefinder by Terminal Fettler with a vintage polaroid SX-70 lens. Lights by JC72.

Vintage MQ-1 calculator circuit board in the back. Need to re-do the tinted plastic section here.

Visor clips from Sidewinder

Chin cup replica from Darth Vorhees, attached to homemade straps. I made these before the discovery of the Everoak helmet so I need to update these.

Harness is a vintage Joe Brown Climbers helmet with modified strapping. Hearing that this might need to be swapped with chunks of foam….

Circuit board is a close-enough homemade replica, still need to install rainbow wires from Ord Mantell.

Attachments

• APC_0033(1).jpg
    APC_0033(1).jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 4
  • APC_0047.jpg
    APC_0047.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • APC_0043.jpg
    APC_0043.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
  • APC_0042.jpg
    APC_0042.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 8
  • APC_0041.jpg
    APC_0041.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
  • APC_0040.jpg
    APC_0040.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • APC_0038.jpg
    APC_0038.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 6
  • APC_0034.jpg
    APC_0034.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
  • APC_0033.jpg
    APC_0033.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • APC_0032.jpg
    APC_0032.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • APC_0030.jpg
    APC_0030.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • APC_0028.jpg
    APC_0028.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
  • APC_0027.jpg
    APC_0027.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • APC_0026.jpg
    APC_0026.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • APC_0025.jpg
    APC_0025.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
  • APC_0024.jpg
    APC_0024.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3

JETPACK​

APC_0072-hdr.jpg

Jetpack kit by DarthVorhees.
Beacon, stabilizer, and thruster sides, and bottom vent by Questdesigns Canada (replacing beacon with Machinecraft version)
Thruster internal disc by Machinecraft Replicas.
Dental file from 01Hawk.
Stencil & Letraset decals from Fett 4 Reals
Hooks and Clips by Full Metal Fett.
Painted mainly with Archive-X enamel

(more photos to come when finished)

Last edited:

RafalFett

BFB Hero
Great build so far and I really love the colors on the helmet. The only downside I see for now is that you overdid the yellow misting on the left ear, because the silver looks rusty.

Great build so far and I really love the colors on the helmet. The only downside I see for now is that you overdid the yellow misting on the left ear, because the silver looks rusty.
I agree, I went with Rust but it’s too saturated and I went a little heavy with it. That’s being fixed soon.

Been busy moving and raising a newborn girl, but I found time to get everything mostly together. Still lots of little details to work on (look at that disgusting clean glove!), and I’ll be replacing the armour and helmet in the near future. @Minute announced his incredible new armour as I was mid-way through this paint-up, but it’s kind of perfect that I got to do a practice run before I get an even better set of armour.

I’m going to undress him this week and start posting some of the individual components as I make some finishing touches on them.

Attachments

• F75C7DC6-BD4D-45E4-B63C-7FEEC432D9CA.jpeg
    F75C7DC6-BD4D-45E4-B63C-7FEEC432D9CA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:

miggs fett

BFB Hero
Been busy moving and raising a newborn girl, but I found time to get everything mostly together. Still lots of little details to work on (look at that at disgusting clean glove!), and I’ll be replacing the armour and helmet in the near future. @Minute announced his incredible new armour as I was mid-way through this paint-up, but it’s kind of perfect that I got to do a practice run before I get an even better set of armour.

I’m going to undress him this week and start posting some of the individual components as I make some finishing touches on them.
looking good!