ESB Helmet Paint-up

VutycFett

Concept
First time painting up a Boba helmet so if you guys see anything I need to improve on criticize me! I’m going to need it.

Well to start off this is a FPH2 ESB bucket from Wasted Fett. I started by priming and drilling holes to get the ears fitted. Also had to do a bit of bondo work due to finding some pin holes on the helmet. Plus filed out the keyslots sense they had a lot of problems, so if anyone knows someone who makes cast of the keyboard I’m looking!
060CC706-22D8-437C-B314-79D175114C4A.jpeg1818EFFE-8920-4EC2-8C21-5EC98A0EBD37.jpeg

After the priming was all done I started by taping up the back panels. I’m using only humbrols and stencils from @RafalFett that I got over on TDH. First color I did was a light grey 147.
6C0A06A8-4081-4573-A195-FCBCC254B15F.jpeg406A21BA-5A9B-4DF0-A004-D95E76BE682D.jpegF2CEB63A-7046-4967-AD1D-AF9C2FFDA0A3.jpeg

Next color on the list was silver 11. Applying the stencil onto it was more challenging for me I felt the first masking I did with 147 was better done where as the silver I believe I messed up the sizing and or placement. Will have to fix that later.
5F84A9C2-550D-4430-B9FF-E84925D6483D.jpegEC332CA1-76D7-4A78-A677-2B8DEEC05213.jpeg6AD86A64-8799-4C84-9169-6F98DC3B1431.jpeg

Today I put the next color onto of the silver which was the “refer grey” 79.
D7A294F0-49F8-4BF5-8033-FE6A3DD23F5B.jpeg617D8D68-A1FD-4331-BC6C-6FDC6BEBE620.jpeg6B4E9CD1-3D67-4266-869E-A3EECD781C76.jpeg

Once it dries I’ll be doing the concrete color!
 
Last edited:

VutycFett

Concept
Just finished layering all the colors onto the back plates now onto detailing it with a brush. The fun part! Here is what I did for the rest of the layering though.
561FB48C-D0BE-4CB5-BA77-C0C30208860D.jpeg162663A1-07EF-4DBE-B4DC-9C63349CCA56.jpeg91224791-D76C-4D6A-AD99-2B400560CC5C.jpeg

Once I masked the grey put grey 28 and then beige 103 misted onto it.
770D0B1A-C4AA-4040-B2B7-3497BF96F093.jpeg1D13C0B9-A43B-462B-AE52-8389B86D7BB5.jpegAC2E4D0F-B747-40CE-AE88-13085E4DF2A7.jpeg

Then I masked it
1CB1F287-5A36-4E16-8DF4-228E5E4543C9.jpeg090A363E-5D0E-4506-A38B-AA707287AB2F.jpeg794227EC-497B-42A9-8E85-16DDDC7970CC.jpeg

Once it dried I mixed green 76 and blue 96 to try matching RLM73.
335B97E2-48D7-4998-BBB7-179BD3D418BA.jpegF4591140-1F65-4D23-83E1-EEBA71380D1F.jpeg587C97BF-1009-426B-B118-23E966A0DA4F.jpeg

Now onto the detailing. I could have done better with the masking but that will be something I’ll have to do better on the next time around. I think the final green it good but not exact I’ll have to fix that somehow too.
 

VutycFett

Concept
Hey been awhile for an update. So far I’ve been working on the dome and changed the color of back panels to a Vallejo RLM 73.
03CB4EEE-E7C6-4B80-9EC3-AB14607925E3.jpeg2479D6AC-4D9F-4989-87FE-8D4A234127DA.jpeg657A8F52-6B35-4FEA-B567-D6857CC0F83B.jpeg
I like the color a lot better then the original mixing I did with the humbrols. After that I started at making my stencils and placing them on the dome.
1D2B0A2B-464C-44B3-B321-5FD4738E9FFE.jpegD9159203-C579-4038-BC1F-2A6A4AB7BC36.jpeg16EA0C7A-B24E-45DB-9FF4-A7686EC81AA9.jpegA746FF35-9A6A-46F4-887B-DCFA60402C37.jpegAA9691B4-64D6-44E7-A16E-162E998C6645.jpeg

Painted it with the grey next but don’t have any pictures of it yet.
 

Attachments

  • 9C8ADA70-1463-4603-9E89-7E2D01E5DA29.jpeg
    9C8ADA70-1463-4603-9E89-7E2D01E5DA29.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • 7A545F7F-8D9C-4F9A-AE91-7E66A85417BD.jpeg
    7A545F7F-8D9C-4F9A-AE91-7E66A85417BD.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • 2DF5E3C7-A28F-4356-8A86-465E2537D1C6.jpeg
    2DF5E3C7-A28F-4356-8A86-465E2537D1C6.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • EB8D4735-41CC-4FB3-8A42-38B0B68A3E4E.jpeg
    EB8D4735-41CC-4FB3-8A42-38B0B68A3E4E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • 1178B573-B071-46AE-A04B-1603E941129E.jpeg
    1178B573-B071-46AE-A04B-1603E941129E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • C193E3A7-4A04-4D62-9CBF-FFFA77D81612.jpeg
    C193E3A7-4A04-4D62-9CBF-FFFA77D81612.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4

VutycFett

Concept
Hey everyone been awhile sense I posted just got busy with life. Well sense I’ve had the time now I got done with layering the face now onto the cheeks and mandibles.

First I did silver and then layered grey ontop of it.
A37B4283-C4AD-4F92-ABDF-F888120CEE94.jpegC24AD4F9-56E7-4961-A3BA-1E6F8EACB2E0.jpegC21FFBF9-3350-430A-8407-67D620C2DB33.jpeg7F89DEFD-BD0F-45E5-B9B5-26F51C768766.jpegF9A2DCC2-4D96-4E18-B3E8-A29BCD6CF34D.jpegB1D2C9E3-9A70-4406-BA67-D2F2663C8B45.jpeg

Afterwards the green with a bit of black weathering on it.
D33FAF48-C010-4A28-8147-BEF2A33A633C.jpegF46D90E9-699F-4927-AAC4-1C05FBDFE441.jpeg94B3314F-498B-4383-8F49-4A5F738D98EE.jpegB88DBDAF-75B0-4CE9-89FD-DA4DC9F08BCC.jpegFF28C4B0-7468-4297-8C52-D6158EC2AEEA.jpeg

Just need to do some detailing but going to wait till the end.
 
Top