ESB ESB Gloves

spyder918

Concept
Been looking for some ESB gloves which has been difficult. I did find some ROTJ ones but they need to be darkened. Any tips on how to darken the grey areas?

It'll be tricky because dye would obviously get soaked up into the white areas. Maybe you could use watered down acrylic paint, and brush it on by hand? You'd get more control over it, and if it's watered down you could gradually apply it in layers to darken it until it's where you want it. Test it on the palm side close to the cuff.

Ord Mantell

BFB Hero
Been looking for some ESB gloves which has been difficult. I did find some ROTJ ones but they need to be darkened. Any tips on how to darken the grey areas?
I had this problem. I actually had ROTJ gloves that were badly faded to all white. I just used fabric paint and painted on by hand, avoiding the padding.

It'll be tricky because dye would obviously get soaked up into the white areas. Maybe you could use watered down acrylic paint, and brush it on by hand? You'd get more control over it, and if it's watered down you could gradually apply it in layers to darken it until it's where you want it. Test it on the palm side close to the cuff.
I've had good luck with watered down acrylic application as well. Wet the gloves first as well and make several passes at it until you get the desired color.

spyder918

Concept
It's been so difficult finding ESB gloves. Finally bit the bullet and bought a pair from Clothears. I figure I can't go wrong with them. So far they've been super responsive, very thorough, and accommodating and current wait time isn't too bad either.

miggs fett

BFB Hero
It's been so difficult finding ESB gloves. Finally bit the bullet and bought a pair from Clothears. I figure I can't go wrong with them. So far they've been super responsive, very thorough, and accommodating and current wait time isn't too bad either.

they are pretty much the best and most accurate gloves you can get! take really good care of them lol

HawkFett

Concept
Hey Spyder,

I ordered clothears a couple weeks ago as well. Seemed the best option. Just curious if you ever received them and how long it took? Thanks! Pics would be sweet too

spyder918

Concept
Hey Spyder,

I ordered clothears a couple weeks ago as well. Seemed the best option. Just curious if you ever received them and how long it took? Thanks! Pics would be sweet too
I ordered them 2.5 months ago and just this week received an email that they are about to be sent.