David Prowse has died.

intwenothor

Staff member
He was always really the Green Cross Code Man to me because he was always on the TV, with his face proudly on display, and he came round to our primary schools to teach us how to cross roads safely. I don't think I knew it was the same guy until I was much older.
I remember seeing him for the first time at maybe five or six. However old I was, I didn't know they made people that big.

Jojofett95

Supertrooper
He was always really the Green Cross Code Man to me because he was always on the TV, with his face proudly on display, and he came round to our primary schools to teach us how to cross roads safely. I don't think I knew it was the same guy until I was much older.
I remember seeing him for the first time at maybe five or six. However old I was, I didn't know they made people that big.
My mother didn’t recognise him, until I showed her the Green cross code advert, from her time. Such a massive loss, to a talent and joy, that Prowse brought to the Star Wars community.

intwenothor

Staff member
I'm sure he was still dressing up as GCCM well into the 80s for personal appearances, and the public information films were still on TV much longer than that.
GCCM and the 'Charlie Says' adverts were still a staple of the 80s even though there were only three TV channels at the start of the decade!

Funkyred

Vendor/Painter
I'm sure he was still dressing up as GCCM well into the 80s for personal appearances, and the public information films were still on TV much longer than that.
GCCM and the 'Charlie Says' adverts were still a staple of the 80s even though there were only three TV channels at the start of the decade!
This is so true , look left , look right , look left again.....

intwenothor

Staff member
I haven't met Baker, and my time in Wales has always been to the hills for climbing, caving, or hill walking. Not sure I've spent any time at the coast that I can recall. They've a beautiful country, and some wonderful folk.