Covering ears in aluminium

Tm1986

BFB Hero
Good morning fellas!

Today I want to share a little experiment.
I was thinking about ears and how let them look like metal without spending a lot of money for real metal ears.
I came to the conclusion that the best way would be to cover the ears with real aluminium some way. After the first idea , aluminium foil , I took the next best to that.
Aluminium tape. I try it out on some old resin ears and after hitting it with some sandpaper to give it some structure, I think its not to bad.
Tell me what you guys think.

Thanks for reading,

Tristan20220108_103009.jpg

Tm1986

BFB Hero
Here you can see a few more corners. Next time I had to be more careful with the sanding. But from a few centimeters away it looks good I think. I painted a marking on quick and splatter a little paint on. Like I said , it's just a experiment piece...
Also , these are old ears and not so straight etc. So with well made ears , it's a different thing I guess20220108_175139.jpg

B0B4F3TT

Concept
This stuffs quite good but better with a black gloss underneath. I think Halfords is a predominantly UK based company but im sure u could find your countries equivalent 👍🏻

Attachments

• 20220109_153655.jpg
    20220109_153655.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

Tm1986

BFB Hero
Yeah , I tried something like that. Alclad 2 to be specific. But this looks just like chrome and not like actual metal unfortunately. It's a mirror finish. But the actual ears are machined. So there are fine marks from the process etc if that makes sense 😀

B0B4F3TT

Concept
I actually tried Alcad2 before this and i found it awful, highly overrated imo. Your right about the finish and if your happy that's all that matters 👍🏻