ESB Boba Fett The Empire Strikes Back costume

BobaJohn

Concept
I've started working on a costume based on Boba Fett from The Empire Strikes Back in 2023. Im working my way towards an approved costume by the 501st standards. Here's my progress and acquisitions:

Already Purchased:
  • Boba Fett helmet from Minutefett painted by NIXFXprops
  • Rangefinder topper from Terminal fettler
  • Hollow stalk from MCR
    1H.jpg2h.jpg3h.jpg4h.jpg5h.jpg6h.jpg7h.jpg

• EE-3 ESB blaster from Andy Meyers Video of the EE-3 ESB
    EE3.jpgee31.jpg

• Pulce-40 from Andy Meyers (metal rod tip to be removed)
    PULCE401.jpgPULCE40.jpg

• Jet pack
    JET1.jpgJET2.jpgJET3.jpgJET4.jpgJET5.jpgJET6.jpgJET7.jpg
  • Boba Fett jetpack harness
  • US diver replica buckle from @Full Metal Fett
    HARNESS.jpg

• Wookiee Braids from Katarra8.com (to be upgraded)

• Flightsuit and soft parts from CB Props (waiting for arrival of my acrylic paint to weather more.)
    4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg

• Gloves from Clothears
    IMG_3025.jpeg

• Leather ammo belt from Grue/Handmadehorrorshop
  • Nimrod replica holster from Bobamaker
    BELT2.jpg

• Girth belth by ReGeeked Props
    girth.jpg

• Shintools from Man of war studios

• Boba Fett shoes from wasted fett, painted by Jimmybyron (paint cracks needs to be touched up + more weathering)
    419116159_1068415091112548_1788852243162130823_n.jpg
In the Mail or Under Production:
  • Aluminum flamethrower for gauntlet + the 4th shin tool from Minutefett

• Full set of armor from Mike
    ARMOR1.png

• ESB gauntlets from Minutefett to be painted by Mike
    419006704_771890418267650_2982917245359420212_n.jpg
  • Metal ears from Minutefett
    Metal ears by Minutefett.JPG

• Light kit for rangefinder topper and lightkit jetpack beacon from JC27
    LIGHKITS.JPG
I'd really appreciate your opinions since I'm a complete newbie and you guys are the experts.

Updated 06/27/2024

Last edited:
Hello, everyone!

I've started working on creating a costume based on Boba Fett from The Empire Strikes Back. bh-boba-fett I've already acquired some equipment and made good progress, but there are some adjustments and changes that need to be made.

Here's what I've purchased so far:
In the mail or under production, I have the following:

• Boba Fett jetpack harness, studs for the collar, pistol holster and boba fett shoes (not pictured) from Jimmybyron [Image: imgur.com]
  • Leather ammobelt from Handmadehorrorshop [Image: imgur.com]
  • EE-3 ESB blaster from Andy Meyers [Image: imgur.com]
The following is yet to be ordered:
  • Gloves
  • Accurate Boba Fett helmet (I currently only have a Black Series Boba Fett ESB helmet)
  • Shin tools
  • Pulse-40 pistol
  • Hoses and connectors for the right gauntlet
  • Aluminum parts for both gauntlets
  • Girth belts
- -
Pictures of the armor mounted to the vest ( collar isn’t attached nor the braids. [image: imgur.com ]]

Me testing the flight suit [image: imgur.com ]]

I appreciate both criticism and praise! Also need lots of guidance on mounting the pieces correctly🤘🏼

Jimmybyron on eBay aka Torben Boberg aka is a known scammer. He has gotten away with several people's money. If you are within a window to get your money back, I would recommend that you do so.

Jimmybyron on eBay aka Torben Boberg aka is a known scammer. He has gotten away with several people's money. If you are within a window to get your money back, I would recommend that you do so.

Hi Machinecraft, the harness and holster are on their way and expected to arrive tomorrow. I'll share photos once I receive them. While there have been concerns about Jimmybyron, my personal experience has been positive, and he has been helpful with my questions. I’ve paid using PayPal G&S and eBay buyer protection.

Hi Machinecraft, the harness and holster are on their way and expected to arrive tomorrow. I'll share photos once I receive them. While there have been concerns about Jimmybyron, my personal experience has been positive, and he has been helpful with my questions. I’ve paid using PayPal G&S and eBay buyer protection.

Awesome - I am glad to hear it! I genuinely hope it works out and that it is good stuff. I only remember the name because at one point he had tried to buy something from me, and in the course of a few weeks contacted me using several different emails and going by several different names.

Awesome - I am glad to hear it! I genuinely hope it works out and that it is good stuff. I only remember the name because at one point he had tried to buy something from me, and in the course of a few weeks contacted me using several different emails and going by several different names.
He had some spare wastedfett shoes he’s going to paint for me and ship to me after new year 😄

Customs in Norway are taking their sweet time checking the goods..

IMG_0593.jpeg

Update; filled the pockets with foam squares, I need to fill the pocket on the left side more though😄

I’m leaving for 1 month tomorrow offshore so there will not be any updates other than new orders possibly 😄

Update;

I have ordered metal parts for the knees and for the gauntlets from MinuteFat and ordered shin tools from Man Of War Studios.

(Picture: )

Still haven't received the jet pack harness and holster in the mail 😫

Happy New Year guys!
Just got back from the North Sea. Quick update here:Received the jetpack harness and holster. Not entirely satisfied with the holster as he forgot to attach the weapon lock, but he assured me he'll send it along with the boots.

Got shin tools from Man Of War Studios, fits nicely in the flight suit.
Also got the EE3 Blaster from Andy Meyers, filmed a short video of it. Quality of work is just amazing! The best piece I have!!!

Received weathering spray from Dirty Down spray yesterday and tried weathering last night, but not too happy with the result. Unfortunate mishap with soot black causing dripping. Luckily, everything washes off, so I can redo it, unless you guys have a quick fix for this?

Feedback much appreciated!

It's been a while since my last update, so here's a brief one:

I've received the girth belt from Regeeked Props and the shoes from Jimmybyron in the mail now, ready for pickup.
The metal parts from Minuttefett are on their way, and the leather belt from Grue (HandmadeHorrorShop) is also in transit.
Also decided to sell the cod piece ,kidney piecec and the shoulderbells I had. Found a buyer and sold it for the same price I bought it for.
I've Already ordered new ones from The Workshop.
Gloves From Clothears, and they'll be shipped on Monday. 🤘🏼

I've ordered more metal parts for the gauntlets (flamethrower) from Minutefett

Attached aswell are some pictures of the shoes and gloves 😊

Last edited:
Back